Repeatable Integration Solutions
Repeatable Integration Solutions in the cloud, on-premises, and hybrid reduce custom development, increase the speed of deployment and improve supportability. You gain from past experience.
Identity Broker™ is a patented inter-connectivity framework designed to help organisations ensure that their IAM systems are not be built on a myriad of bespoke connectors which limit future flexibility, scalability and support options. It coexists with and enhances common IAM platforms. Identity Broker is available for all scenarios ranging from strategically enabling large scale enterprises to integrate on a consistent platform, to tactical solutions such as point-to-point governance of cloud-based directories, available through a cloud service.
Identity Broker is available as both a Cloud based or on-premises solution. The first iteration of Identity Broker was developed by UNIFY in 2004 and made commercially available in 2005. Developed and maintained by UNIFY's Product Group, Identity Broker is currently in its 5th Generation.
Examples of Out-of-the-Identity Broker-Box are:
- Microsoft® Identity Manager (MIM) 2016
- Microsoft® Identity Manager (FIM) 2010
- Frontier Software chris21
- Aurion® HRMS
- SAP® ERP Human Capital Management™
- Empower HR
- Talent2 Alesco®
- TechnologyOne Financials
- Dell™ TPAM
- HPE Content Manager (formerly HP TRIM)
- Cisco® Unified Communications Manager
- ADERANT Expert®
- Microsoft® SharePoint® profiles and lists
- Microsoft Dynamics® AX
- Microsoft Dynamics® CRM
- RM Maze
- SALT/Thales SafeSign Management Server
- Microsoft® Azure Active Directory®
- Google® Apps
- Workday® Human Capital Management
- Eclipse EduPoint (formerly eMinerva)
- NetIQ (Novell®) IdM
- IBM® Tivoli® Access Manager
- SAP® NetWeaver® Identity Manager
- Marval® MSM®
- ViewDS Meta-Directory Server
- Kronos® Workforce Timekeeper™
- CSC®/iSoft i.Patient Manager
- CSC®/iSoft Emergency Department Information System
- OpenText® Integrated Document Management
- Oracle® Taleo Recruiting Cloud Service
- Microsoft® Office® 365
Identity Broker takes the complexity out of identity management; enabling system administrators to focus on value creation – instead of error prone, menial tasks; and leveraging human resources information to streamline and automate business processes.
Identity as a Service
With the evolutionary shift across the industry to Cloud Services, small to medium sized businesses are faced with the challenge of providing effective and secure means of enablement of these services. UNIFY Solutions not only has the skills and experience of the best in the business, we also have the solutions in place to simplify the transition to the Cloud. UNIFY Solutions have developed a Cloud Based Service powered by UNIFY's Identity Broker™ technology to provide safe and secure Identity Services at a fraction of the cost of traditional services.
Identity Broker Analysis
In its July 2015 analysis of Identity Broker, KuppingerCole found many benefits of using Identity Broker. These included:
- Ease of installing connectors
- Improved Governance
- Cost reduction
Identity Broker should result in a reduction of overall costs and eliminate the on-going support costs associated with maintaining multiple [integration] services.
The main benefit of Identity Broker is the ease with which connectors can be put in place without custom coding.
Identity Broker improves the ease with which access to identity data for attestation reporting and segregation of duties information can be achieved.
In December 2011, an independent UCLA Anderson School GAP Team (UCLA Team) held 215 interviews with analysts, experts, competitors, potential UNIFY partners and clients and defined Identity Broker as
They found many key benefits to both cost and complexity of IAM solutions, and that users get a significant Return on Investment which increases the more systems are integrated.
A recent Identity Broker implementation for the Queensland Department of Education and Training received outstanding feedback:
Identity Broker replaced our existing and expensive bespoke connectors with ease. We went from 10 connectors all written and maintained by different developers, to one simple, easily configurable framework that far exceeded our expectations.
Leveraging Identity Broker
Identity Broker is a globally recognised powerful identity integration tool which enhances all major vendor platforms. It facilitates connectivity to almost any identity source, destination or platform. It provides speed of implementation, ease of support and lower costs.
Many UNIFY customers started their IAM journey by integrating their HRIS system to directories using UNIFY Identity Broker, yet many do not understand the value of their investment. In FY18 we are demonstrating the value of:
- Using Identity Broker to provide a common and repeatable framework for the rapid integration of any application
- Upgrading licences to “all you want to integrate” Enterprise Licenses that enable rapid and lower cost integration of systems out of the box such as Microsoft Dynamics; Azure AD; O365; SharePoint® applications; Cisco® UCM; HPE Content Manager; Technology One applications; eRecruit; a range of Health sector applications; a range of Education sector applications; Riskman.Net applications, Governance platforms, PAM platforms
- Using Identity Broker to embed license management of Office 365® and Google® Apps directly into your identity management solution.
- Recommending Identity Broker as a Service where Cloud migration strategies are advanced