UNIFY Solutions is seeking DevOps Engineers to streamline and support our project and product development and operations teams.
The DevOps Engineer at UNIFY plays a critical role in researching and implementing DevOps methodologies to enhance our service outcomes. Positioned within the Platform and Automation team, this role acts as both a strategist and executor to modernize our technical operating procedures.
Reporting to the Platform and Automation Lead, the DevOps Engineer provides regular updates through various mechanisms and supports the broader product group, projects, and organizational initiatives. Collaboration with the Office of the CTO, fellow UNIFY employees, and customers is essential to align with UNIFY’s vision and values.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Client Relationships: Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining client relationships.
- Technical Expertise: Solid understanding of ICT infrastructure components including:
- Infrastructure as Code (ARM, Bicep),
- Cloud environments (Azure-based platforms, Kubernetes),
- Systems Directories (including Active Directory and Azure Active Directory),
- Software development processes and tools (including Git, Azure DevOps, Azure DevOps YAML Pipelines, Microsoft .NET, Visual Studio, etc.).
- Business Acumen: Ability to translate business needs into technology solutions, coupled with strong industry and market awareness.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related field (minimum).
- Microsoft Certifications or equivalent industry certifications.
- Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert highly valued
Values and Communication
- Strategic Thinking: High-level analytical, conceptual, and strategic capabilities.
- Leadership and Influence: Excellent communication, negotiation, influencing, and relationship-building skills. Experience in representing the organization externally.
- Cultural Alignment: Ability to foster a culture of continuous improvement and alignment with UNIFY’s values.
- Location: Ability to work in New Zealand.
- Compliance: Understanding of and commitment to compliance with Occupational Health and Safety requirements, and any relevant legal regulations.
- Collaboration: Proven experience working within cross-functional teams and ability to adapt to changing business needs.
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible working arrangements (flexible hours and 2 days/week WFH)