UNIFY Solutions is well positioned to support our staff in the transition to remote workers as we have implemented security solutions and other enabling technologies for both our customers and internally since our inception in 2004.
UNIFY Solutions employs the Zero Trust security model, read more about it at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security/business/zero-trust. To successfully adopt this model, UNIFY leverages Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security suite (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/enterprise-mobility-security).
Another tool enabling our staff to remain fully efficient is Microsoft Teams, which we utilise both as a collaboration hub, but also for its fully integrated telephony system. Not only should our customers be unaware of whether the staff they deal with are remote, but they should continue to receive the same high standard of service they have come to expect.
Tips for staying productive
- Turn on your video when on calls, there are a lot of non-verbal cues that would otherwise go missed
- If everyone is happy with it, record meetings for those unable to attend
- Summarise action items in the call and go through them at the end of the meeting
- Keep your calendar up to date so that others can schedule meetings more easily
- Remember that Teams conversations are asynchronous, you do not have to wait for a reply to provide some context to your conversation
Tips for staying secure
- Make sure your device is enrolled in Intune
- Don’t forget to keep your device locked when away from it (even when home)
- Keep your devices’ OS, software and anti-virus definitions updated
- Keep using our designated key vault for storage and retrieval of secrets
- Stay on the lookout for phishing attacks, report anything that looks unusual